The Best Tool for the Job: An Overview of the Channel System.
In this course we will provide practitioners with an overview of channel theory in order to deepen their acupuncture practice and expand their clinical tools. We will endeavor to show the richness and profound impact of acupuncture beyond the primary vessels. Practitioners will receive a general overview of the secondary vessels and the 8 extraordinary vessels that includes their functions and clinical applications. Theories covered in this course include:
• Concept of “channel” in Chinese medicine: Why the primary channels are not enough.
• Morphology & flow of Qi in the channels
• Types of Qi: (wei, ying & yuan)
• Overview of Secondary Vessels & their importance in diagnosis and treatment strategies
• Sinew Channels: Armoring & Defense.
• Luo-collaterals: Self-preservation through the creation of latency.
• Divergents: Negotiating the relationship between Self and Other
• 8 Extras: Curriculum and Destiny
A Spirit at Rest: Sleep Disorders in Chinese Medicine
According to the NIH (National Institute of Health), “Sleep loss and sleep disorders are among the most common yet frequently overlooked and readily treatable health problems. It is estimated that 50 to 70 million Americans chronically suffer from a disorder of sleep and wakefulness, hindering daily functioning and adversely affecting health and longevity. (NHLBI, 2003). Failure to recognize sleep problems not only precludes diagnosis and treatment—it also precludes the possibility of preventing grave public health consequences.”
This one-day course will cover both the TCM and biomedical understanding of the physiology of sleep.
• Phases of sleep
• The yin and yang of restorative sleep
• The 5 spirits and their relationship to sleep
• Sleep hygiene
We will investigate the use of acupuncture for some of the most common or serious pathologies of sleep including:
• Parasomnias (sleep-walking, sleep-talking, sleep paralysis, night terrors)
• Circadian rhythm disorders
Common Chinese classical formulas for these conditions will be given as an addendum in the handouts.
Lesgever: Yvonne Farrell
vrijdag: van 10u30 tot 18u30
zaterdag: van 9u00 tot 17u00
Lees hier alles over de algemene info ivm. de cursussen.
Deze cursus van OTCG wordt erkend door de meeste beroepsverenigingen in België en Nederland.